Feed on
Posts
Comments

And away we go!

Hey everybody!

At long last I've found adequate hosting for this, the scruffiest of webcomic podcasts. I apologize for the volume of "um"s in the first five minutes, as well as the incessant woosh of my internal disc drive. Also for my voice, and the words I am saying. Oh god.

Now that I'm off the ground, I'm looking to invest in a decent little USB mike so that the next round of questions can be answered more competently! If this one doesn't cut the mustard for you, stick around for my next attempt.

If you would like to submit any new questions, feel free to submit them in comments here, or at my primary journal.

Thanks everybody! Please subscribe to the many, many feeds that podbean offers to you, and enjoy my witless ramblings.

Listen Now:

Share | Embed | Download | Plays (Loading)

• Nentuaby

Love it. I’d take the raygun too, though I might be tempted by a laser-axe.

No, I don’t have anything much of substance to add here, I just wanted to say hi. Keep up the great work. ;)

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:33 am
  • Shazzbaa

Man, this was actually quite entertaining! Love it! I’ll probably be coming back for more.

And I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s scared of statues now.

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:05 pm
  • Dylan C.

You sound a bit like Kim Swift, except a few notes deeper. This is a good thing. There’s a similar underlying energy. I wish I had a way to put it that didn’t sound fruity.

More!

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:12 pm
  • Jose

I really enjoyed that. Thanks!

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:03 am
  • M.S.

Totally adorable podcast. I completely understand what it’s like to be walking around with Not Really Real people.

And, oddly enough, it turns out that you sound rather like one of my girlfriends older sisters (who is about double your age), a dancer/musician/artist/writer that recently moved to, you guessed it, Portland.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:27 pm
  • nzlemming

Hi Dylan I’ve been stalk-^H^H^H^H^H following your work since you were in grade school and before the nefarious Japanese took over your site for a while. It’s nice to have a voice to go with the imagery and you sound just like I thought you should ;-)

Good luck

mark

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:23 am
  • Yayoi

Hi Dylan,

That was so entertaining! :) I’m really looking forward to the next podcast, and am happy/relieved to know I am not the only person who listens to music for narrative hooks or spends an inordinate amount of time with People I Make Up.

Thanks for posting!

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:36 pm
  • adelai

Oh now this is just silly. Best quarter of an hour I’ve spent on the internet all week, good on you.

So, as a question, how much are your characters your own personal creation, and how much of them came from this world, especially working in historical fiction where there seem to be a lot of definite guidelines?

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:14 pm